Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Nursery

The nursery is finally finished...well, as finished as it is going to be before baby Harper arrives.  The room is so pretty in the morning when the natural light comes in.  I decided to take a few pics then...without the overhead lights on.  Sorry if these pictures are a little dark.  The paint is "Fashionable Gray" by Sherwin Williams...but you will see several shades b/c I am, yet again, using my phone!  The "theme" is, er, gray, pink, and off white! Great theme, huh?!?!
We received this diaper wreath as a gift at a shower...until she needs size 2 diapers...this will hang on the door.
Once you walk through the doors, you immediately see the crib.
We also have the monitor on the wall and the quilt ready to be used.
That quilt was a gift, made by Josh's grandmother.
We just got the side table (from my MIL) over the weekend and it is the perfect addition! 
I realized I might actually need to put stuff somewhere when feeding the bambino!
The Cozy Corner!
These types of gliders are the least attractive to me...but by far the most comfortable.
I love that we went with Gunmetal Gray.
The wire thing above the glider is a picture holder.
It is unique and fits that space perfectly!
Our room is like a rectangle with the door, window, and closet all in a weird spots.
We decided that for furniture, 3 pieces would work best: the Crib, Glider, and Dresser.
This is the view from the far wall, showcasing ole Frank and the new bookshelves!
To round out the rest of the nursery, we have the dresser!
I don't have a lot on the top shelf...but I know more will come once she does.
That gives you an idea of what little Harper will come home and see!  And probably the last time it will be this organized!

Want a sneak peak into the closet? And if any of you are worried about my child going naked...
NOT A CHANCE!
As soon as you tell someone you are having a girl, she has enough clothes to change 3 times a day!
The first half is 0-3 months!
Don't get me wrong...we truly appreciate how spoiled she is already...and what woman doesn't love clothes?!?!
I just can't believe it really is THIS much!
Thanks Nanny Katie for providing us with many opitons!

Here are all her fabulous bows!
She is one lucky girl that she has her Aunt Sissy to let her borrow Audrey's bows and for Nanny Katie's "bow-quet" full of bows!

No comments:

Post a Comment