Thursday, September 8, 2011

How I am Feeling

A lot of people have been asking me how I am feeling lately.  For the most part, I am sure they mean physically...but every now and then I get the emotional questions too.  Here are my answers:

Physically:  I am feeling pretty good.  I will take this phase of pregnancy over my 4 months of morning sickness any day! The weather is much cooler--so I am not nearly as swollen as I was!  Such a blessing!!!Overall, I feel I can't really complain...though I wouldn't mind working less! I am feeling pretty good.  Large and in charge, but good.

Emotionally:  I am as "emotionally/mentally" ready as I can be...FOR HAVING NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT.  We go to the doctor weekly and I expect to hear that nothing has changed...but that is b/c I haven't felt any different over the last few weeks.  I am not disappointed or anxious about this.  I know she will come when she is ready.  I am so excited Josh and I are having a baby...but I am also enjoying these last few days as a couple.   It will never be just us again (trust me, even when they are married they still come home--I did).  I think that is what is keeping my anxiety down.  People assume "I am soooo ready to get her out", etc...but the idea of giving birth is a little hard to wrap my head around.  Don't get me wrong...I am thrilled to be having this baby.  This is something we prayed for for so long!  I just can't let my anxiety get the best of me...so I am focusing on the positive side of her still being inside me.  Plus, I know she will come when she is ready.  If not...we have a date for her to come with a little help.  She will be here in less than two weeks...on Sept. 21st.  This makes it very real, surreal, and somewhat scary--like an exciting scary!

So if you were wondering...this is how I feel today.  For now, I am feeling pretty good, enjoying time with Josh and my family, and praying for a healthy arrival of our baby.  Oh and hoping my water doesn't break in public!  :)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a time of mixed emotions! I look at your pregnancy ticker and think that at 39 and 2 days, at 9:30am I was in active labor and steadily getting ready to head to the hospital in another hour or so. It is so exciting that you get to have a little more time cooking your sweet girl. Definitely enjoy this time with Josh. Go out to dinner, every night. Play with the Mally. Enjoy it. It is a really special time. I'm so happy for you and I'm staying close by the blog to hear the good news when Harper (almost my baby girl's name - love it!) arrives be it tomorrow or in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete