Friday, May 20, 2011

What's in a name?

A lot of thought is in a name.  At least it is in our house.  Growing up, you always think of names you will name your child.  Then, you find out you are expecting...and all those options go out the window.
For almost 6 years, Josh and I have loved a certain name for our little girl...but lately, it has become a very popular boys name.  I am fine with unisex names...just not when it's so popular for the opposite sex.
So that got us thinking of other options.  Over thanksgiving, I was talking to his mom and aunt about family names...just to see what else is out there.  We got lucky and landed on one we both love and has meaning to our family.

Our baby has a name. A beautiful name.  Named after two members of her family.
Harper Elizabeth
Harper is from Josh's side of the family.  His great great grandfather's first name was Harper and his great grandfather was Hubert Harper.

Elizabeth is from my sister-in-law, Josh's sister, Sarah Elizabeth.

Josh has always wanted to use family or biblical names.  I just want names I like. 
This name is the best of both worlds...and it's a name that I dont just lke, I LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful name. I think it is really classy, sweet, and thoughtful. Glad it means something to you guys too. Good pick.

    ReplyDelete