Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Babymoon In Chicago-Day 1

If you follow me on twitter (@randomallison), you already know that Josh and I spent 4 days in Chicago the first weekend in May.  I finally started to feel better and felt we needed to escape for a little bit.  Since Josh can't sit still at the beach and I didn't want to throw a frisbee for 6 hours a day...we decided to do something a little different.  For our "last trip before having children", we decided to hit up the windy city. 
We braved the "L" from the airport to the hotel.  Total cost $5...much better than $50 to take a cab!
First meal at Cheezburger Cheezburger...or whatever the name. It's the place from the SNL skit.
We checked into our hotel, The Conrad, and then immediately decided to head to to the top of the Willis (formerly Sears) Tower.  PS I highly recommend the hotel...especially if you can use your husbands work points!
All of our views of the city.


A new addition to the tower is 4 glass boxes in place of windows.  You can step out on the clear floor and look down and all around.  It is freaky.  I was so cautious walking out on there. My knees buckled when I looked down.
Josh was loving it!
Seriously, like a child!

Here is a view of one glass box from the other.


I don't know why we are laying down?!?!?!




We decided to get the professional shot b/c it captures it all...SO CRAZY!
After the Tower, we decided to walk around a bit before heading to dinner and calling it a night.
We were pretty tired from traveling.

Waiting on the "L" again!  We didn't mess up our stops at all. I was proud of us.  Especially since neither one of us have been on it before.


Day 2 Up Next

No comments:

Post a Comment