Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Baby Shower-Gender Reveal

This past Sunday, I had my "Gender Reveal" baby shower. 
This baby shower was hosted by my fabulous girlfriends!
See below for all the beautiful decorations, reveal, and gifts!

Cake from my favorite bakery, HomeStyle Bakery.

Love the mixed gender decorations!
Love that they had a baby picture of Josh and me.
Everyone came in and immediately voted for what they thought I was having.  Boy or Girl?
I think there were a few more girl votes than boy.



The Guests:
 **Warning** this double chin appears often!



 All the preggars ladies at the shower
 Someone likes my gifts!
 Laughing at something with my sister, grandmother, and mother.  And no, Mom and I did not plan to wear matching outfits! Great minds...






Let the Reveal begin!
The Game: Memory with Gender Cards.
Remember the game memory? 
Jordan has a friend that created this game for her own gender reveal party.
{She is now selling the game. If you want one, email her here}
This particular game of memory has matching boy and girl items.  Before you start, you remove one single card out of a pair from the gender you are revealing.
In this case, I removed the actual "GIRL" card...so only one would be left without a match and everyone would find out.
Then, you lay the cards out and begin to find matching pairs.
The cards all ready to go, minus one!
One by one or as a group, start turning over cards to find their match!

Getting serious over here!



Our pile is getting smaller and smaller!
Getting close...

I was just there to observe!
They matched all the pairs and had one card left facing down.
GIRL!
{enter screams}
It was a great moment!




Now, everyone knows the gender...time for her gifts!
This baby is already so loved by all her family and friends!
Fabulous painting from Kendall Boggs Fine Art.
{You can purchase your own here}
This painting will be fabulous in the nursery! 
MAZEL!
My mazel onesie and matching shirt...if you watch Andy Cohen on Bravo...you know what this is! 
 All kinds of great stuff below!

Wondering where the pink burp cloth and onesie came from?
 Jordan brought a gift for a boy and a girl...she snuck in the girl gift just before I opened them.  She said she wanted me to have something personalized for this shower...how sweet!!
{You can take a look at all her amazing baby/child creations and gifts here}
 More gifts and double chins!


 If only people always followed me around and collected my trash with the wave of a hand!
Thank you to everyone for coming and making this baby feel so special and loved!
And a HUGE thank you to all the beautiful hostesses for putting on this shower and going along with the theme!
Love you all!

{pictures from my own camera and a few from Kendall! Thanks Kendall}

1 comment:

  1. What a fun and creative idea! The shower looks beautiful too. Your friends did a great job!

    ReplyDelete