Monday, April 28, 2014

Ice Eggs

THANK YOU PINTEREST!  Josh had a company event on a Saturday morning, and I was alone with all three kids for more than an hour (for the first time).  I decided to browse Pinterest the day before for a fun and cheap project for Harper.  Enter: Ice Eggs.
What you need: Balloons, something small to put inside, and water.  I originally thought I would make them myself...but ended up recruiting Harper to help me.  It passed 30 minutes of time and she had a blast helping me make them.  
I would take the balloons, fill them with water in the tub, and Harper would drop in marbles (however many she felt like).  I would then tie the balloons and put them in a bowl. 
After we filled all the balloons, she took them in and out of the bowl, divided up by color, and shook them around a bit.  This was an extra bonus of playtime. :) 
The next day, Susie, Katie, and baby Thatcher came over to discover the ice eggs.  Harper had no idea that our water balloons would end up being ice eggs.  It was a great  surprise.  We took the balloons out of the freezer and cut off the balloon.  
We had beautiful eggs with marbles frozen in the middle.  We then took tongs, spoons, and spatulas to play, carry, and open the eggs. 


Showing Katie and the boys the ice eggs.

We eventually made our way over to the driveway to throw and crack the eggs.
Collecting the marbles was so fun for these girls! 
Thank you Pinterest for a wonderful idea and fun time had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment