Friday, April 25, 2014

A Day in the Life- One Month Old Twins

I have started following a blog, TwinTalkBlog and was inspired by one of the "day in the life" posts.  There was a mom that did a "day in the life of one month old twins".  I thought it would be a great blog post and a fun way to look back at life with Gatlin and Houston at one month old.  

APRIL 16th - 2014
12:04 am - Houston wakes up and I change his diaper, go start the bottle warmer, change Gatlin's diaper, and tandem feed them in the rock'n'plays. 
12:11 am -Houston poops, change his diaper
12:15 am - Rock Houston in my arms and Gatlin in the rock'n'play with my foot
12:29 am - Houston has hiccups and nurses for 1 minute
12:34 am - Gatlin poops and I change his diaper
They both fall asleep.
12:47 am - I get back in bed and go to sleep
3:55 am - both boys wake up.
3:57 am - they tandem eat
4:11 am - Change Houston and take his temperature
4:14 am - change Gatlin and take his temperature
4:20 am - Houston nurses
4:37 am-  Gatlin poops and I change his diaper

4:46 am - I pump breastmilk
4:53 am - Houston starts crying and Josh has to get him b/c I am pumping
5:30 am - I get back in bed
6:50 am - Harper comes in our room and gets in bed. 
7:04 am - Houston wakes up and Josh starts warming a bottle
7:12 am - Gatlin wakes up while I am getting Harper ready for school 
7:16 am - Harper and Josh say goodbye to us and I feed both boys.


7:28 am - diaper changes and rock them back to sleep
7:51 am - I eat a bowl of cereal and pump breastmilk while watching the Today show
8:12 am - i go back to bed
9:14 am - Houston wakes up and takes his pacifier
9:28 am - Gatlin wakes up and takes hi pacifier
9:50 am - both boys start stirring and get diaper changes
10:01 am - I nursed both boys at the same time. This was the first time they nursed in place of a bottle (for 33 minutes).
10:40 am - Tandem burping and both boys go to sleep


11:37 am Paw paw arrives with lunch and Gatlin swings for the first time

11:40 am - I hold Houston while I eat
12:13 pm - Pawpaw helps me feed the boys (a formula bottle)
12:41 pm - I change both diapers
1:10 pm - I work on Harper's Easter dress applique on the computer and return a few emails.
1:30 pm- family  nap time
1:50 pm - Gatlin wakes up, I rock him and we go back to sleep.
3:06 pm - I spill a bottle of breast milk
3:13 pm - I feed both boys
3:25 pm - I nurse each baby for one minute
3:31 pm - pump and try to calm down crying babies
3:50 pm - I change diapers and put them in rock'n'play 
4:10 pm - I get Houston b/c he is fussy
4:23 pm - I get Gatlin b/c he is fussy
4:31 pm - they start acting hungry, so I warm bottles and tandem feed both boys
4:43 pm - I rock both babies
4:57 pm - change Houston's diaper and rock him back to sleep
5:11 pm - Bossy  brings Harper home from school
5:52 Houston is gassy and Bossy holds him 
5:52 pm - Harper and I are in the playroom playing and finishing her Easter Dress.
6:31 pm - I feed both boys while Harper watches Frozen
6:50 pm - I change diapers and both boys sleep. Houston is in the rock'n'play and Gatlin in the swing.
6:55 pm - Josh gets home from work and Bossy goes home
7:10 pm - we eat dinner brought to us by friends (brought home by Josh)

7:40 pm - I give Harper a bath and get her ready for bed.
8:30 pm - we brush teeth, put on jammies, and Harper says goodnight to daddy and her brothers.
8:52 pm - Houston wakes up and Harper starts fighting to go to bed
9:10 pm - I pump breastmilk
9:17 pm - Harper finally falls asleep
9:27 pm - Both boys wake up and Josh warms bottles
9:52 pm - the boys fall asleep on our chests
10:22 pm - the boys wake up when we transfer them to their beds.  Josh holds both boys while I get ready for bed. 
10:27 pm - I take Houston to bed with me while Josh rocks Gatlin to sleep
10:50 pm - I put Houston down and take Gatlin from Josh.  I nurse Gatlin.
11:30 pm - I take Gatlin to bed so I can sleep for 45 minutes before starting all over again. 


1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. Absolutely amazing. These kids are so very lucky that you are their Momma!

    ReplyDelete