Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

For 29 years, I celebrated Mother's day for my mother.  It is a weird feeling to celebrate yourself.  Though this is my second Mother's day with Harper, it still seems somewhat surreal.  What an amazing blessing it is to be a mother.  What a blessing it is to be Harper's mother.  She is one amazing little girl!

This year, we thought it would be fun to do a little crafting for the grandmothers.  We sat Harper down and had a a painting party!  Harper loved it! 




Such beautiful little works of art! 
We got some orchid's that matched the pots perfectly!  they also fit nicely in Josh's truck. ;)
The finished product
We celebrated with Nana the week before Mother's day b/c she was out of town for our brunch.  Harper spent the night with her and they had a wonderful time! 
The morning of Mother's day, Josh got Harper out of bed and they brought me my card.  Harper thought she would let me rest a little longer...so she opened my card for me. 
The card was dancing Snoopy...her daddy let her pick it out! They also got me a manicure and pedicure.  I cant wait to take a little "me" time and pamper myself. 
We finally rolled out of bed and met up with my mom, Aunt Linda, and Grandma Anna (and my dad) for Brunch at Cheesecake Factory.


All the mother's at our brunch
After brunch, we did a little playing at Bossy and Paw Paw's house.  Harper loves seeing herself on the iphone.  When she is with Bossy, she usually says "ok, let me get my glasses".  So now, Harper asks Bossy to get her glasses then asks to "see Harper".  She thought she would see what the fuss was all about. 
Being Silly 
Playing in the flowers.
What a fun day it was celebrating with the person who made me a mother.  A beautiful child that brightens my heart everyday.  
Happy Mother's Day to All the Mother's Out There!

No comments:

Post a Comment