Thursday, February 6, 2014

28, eh, 29 Weeks

Well, the 28th week of this pregnancy flew by...so here I am, a week late, updating you at 29 weeks. 

Excuse the "face hiding", this was a selfie taken after a long day at work. 


On the left: 28 weeks pregnant with Harper.
On the right: 29 weeks pregnant with Gatlin and Houston. 
There is an obvious difference in my belly, but i feel the swelling is not as bad this time around...mainly b/c its 30 degrees outside, not the middle of summer!
Below is a comparison of questions from when I was 28 weeks with Harper (in pink) and 29 week with Gatlin and Houston (in blue). 

Baby's size? 28 cm and about 2 and 1/4 lbs
They were measuring 2.6 oz and 2.7 oz at my last ultrasound (28 weeks and 2 days). So right around the 50%. 

Weight Gain? The nurse doesn't tell me and I don't look or ask at the doctor.  Ignorance is bliss! Plus, I figure if my weight is an issue...they will tell me! :) The nurse didn't tell me and I didn't look. Based on the scale at my house, I have gained about 20 lbs.

Maternity clothes?
Mostly maternity a few of my regular tops and dresses.
All maternity except my leggings and yoga pants-those can ride low under the belly! :) 

Sleep?
Using the largest body pillow known to man!  Also, getting up more frequently to go to the bathroom.  I am a much lighter sleeper these days.
DITTO ^^ it's also getting harder to breathe.  i am having a little more reflux at night. oh and every now and then, i have a sweet angel toddler waking me in the middle of the night with night terrors.  

Foods I am loving?
Chocolate (as usual), Popsicles, and Cold Fruit
Chocolate, fruit, diet coke, pasta

Foods I am hating?
Not hating anything in particular...but not loving Asian Food or some meats.
Depends on the day.  But like above, some Asian food is hard. 

Best moment this month? Watching my stomach move.  It is such a crazy thing to see!  I also love that Josh and a few other friends have been able to see it move as well!  I just got a call my Glider is in!  I am excited to sit in that thing...b/c it is the most comfortable piece of furniture!  Two friends this week told me "I wear pregnancy well". Made my day!
My girlfriends threw me a little "sprinkle" at Chuys and we had a diaper dump at work.  it is certainly nice to be pampered a little.  At my last ultrasound (I get them every 4 weeks), we got to see the face of both boys and while measuring the body of one, we could see that the other was sitting on him.  boys will be boys! :)   We got to celebrate Sloan's 1st birthday in Charleston.  I was excited to take one last small trip before the babies come.  

Symptoms? 
Sore spot on my back...around my shoulder blade. I am constantly walking around my office trying to stretch it out. Also, a little foot keeps jabbing my ribs.  It's a bit painful, but also amazing!
I get out of breath easily. It is a little challenging to wrangle Harper.  I have the same spot on my back as I did before. My c-section scar itches like crazy. I also get a shooting pain in my upper right ribs and my right hand goes numb. fun times! 

What I'm looking forward to?
Josh possibly picking up the glider tonight! :)  Just all the exciting stuff that comes along with the last trimester.  It is so crazy to think I only have 84 days left until my due date.  A bit overwhelming when thinking about work and the fact that we will have an actual baby so soon...but it's also wonderful!
Josh is driving to Atlanta to look at mini-vans. My vain side is not excited, but my practical side is. I know that once these two arrive, we will really need more space.  I love my highlander now, but a van makes more sense.  I am also looking forward to getting our second crib and get the nursery ready.  

Milestones: 28 Weeks--Officially in the home stretch...3rd Trimester.

No comments:

Post a Comment