Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Grammy Nomination Ceremony

Earlier tonight, I was driving home from work with Harper.  I got a text from the girl I used to babysit for...
The Grammy  Nomination concert was at Bridgestone arena and I had an invite!
I talked to Josh and we made it happen...after all, it was my "Birthday Eve".
 We got home, I fed Harper, got her bag ready for the next day, Alex arrived, we got ready (very quickly), and then we were off.
I wasn't sure what to expect...but was pleasantly surprised when we were in the 5th row, next to the stage.
She has the pose down...I need to work on mine.
LL Cool J with a pre-show performance

Taylor Swift and LL Cool J were the hosts of the show
All these pictures were taken from my seat...pretty nice view.
Fun performed with an orchestra...it was awesome.
Maroon 5 sang a song for the show, then they stayed and performed 5 or 6 additional songs...like a mini concert. It was awesome. Adam Levine is amazing.
{See video clip for a peak at their performance}
My hot date, Alex
Luke Bryan
We were so close, we got some confetti from Luke's performance.
Ne-yo was up next.  He was awesome. Loved the singing and the dancing.
This guy, "Tony", was security. We made uncomfortable eye contact so many times...I had to take a pic.
Hunter Hayes was sitting 3 rows ahead of me. Every time he was on camera, I CHEESED it up, hoping to be on TV.
Thanks for such a fun night Alex! I had a blast.

**UPDATE**
After the show, I found these shot of us on TV.
Easier to see our faces on the actual TV.
Here we are again...reading the teleprompter.
and for the money shot...
Yes, that is me with an equally large smile as Hunter Hayes.
and again...what am i doing? the Arsenio Hall? WOOP WOOP WOOP.

1 comment: