Monday, February 23, 2015

Winter Blast 2015

This past week, we had an ice storm that kept us inside a lot. We couldn't leave the house for a few days...but we made the best of it.
The night before the storm, I loaded up 3 sick kids and took them to target for a grocery run...just in case. Glad I did...cause we were home bound for a while. 





We spent a lot of time in PJs, exploring new places, and sleeping!



It was finally "snowy" enough to take Harper outside for a little fun in the snow. 







Wednesday, we finally ventured out of the house to Bossy and Pawpaws house.



I packed a backpack, baby gate, the baby bjorn and enough supplies to last a few hours.
I got everyone in the car and pawpaw came to make sure i could get out of my driveway. Well, i got out just fine...but he got stuck. my sweet neighbor was able to get him out.  I parked at the bottom of their hill and loaded up Gatlin in the baby bjorn.  I put on the back pack and hiked it up the hill while paw paw stayed with the other two kids at the car.  I hiked back down to get Houston and dad walked up with harper and the baby gate.  Seems like a lot of work...but it was totally worth it to get out of the the house. 
The kids ended up napping there...and i had to take pictures. 
Harper in her "bathroom-bedroom"
and the boys side by side in the upstairs "nursery".
That night, we made it home and so did Eli!
She was stuck in Florida b/c the airports were closed.
We were all glad she made it back. 
The next day, Harper's school was open, but not all day. She got to spend a little time at the office with me. She clearly hates it there! ;)

Josh left town and I had all three kids by myself. It was great, until harper decided the couch's lips were chapped.  She made sure to give it plenty of chapstick!
Friday night, after work/school, Harper and ventured out in her new snow suit.

SHE LOVED IT!

She also loved eating most of that Popsicle!

No comments:

Post a Comment