Tuesday, March 11, 2014

6 years

On Saturday (March 8th), Josh and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary.  We had plans to take Harper to Bossy & Pawpaws and we were going to take it easy, get stuff done around the house, and go to dinner. 
Thought Josh, however, had other plans.  The "Modern" 6th anniversary gift is wood.  He thought it would be a great idea to visit a local nursery and pick out a dogwood tree.  It could mark our anniversary and the arrival of our boys (in 4 short weeks).  I couldn't believe he actually planned something.  He also knew the weekend were a time for rest for me, so he built that in too! :) 
We ended up going two places b/c the first one didn't have a great selection. 

Do I look like I know what I am doing?  NO CLUE!

We found the perfect tree and headed home.  After dropping off the tree, Josh ran errands so I could nap. He even brought me a snow cone b/c I had been craving one all day! 
After naps and errands, we got ready and went to J.Alexanders for dinner.  This was the first date night in a while where we weren't consumed with work, Harper, etc.  We actually made it about us. 
Since we were the only ones home...we took a few bathroom selfies! 
Dinner was nice, relaxing, and yummy! 

The next day, Josh planted the tree.  On Monday, he took our little helper down to the tree to water it. 
 
In 6 years, we have are at the same jobs, owned 2 houses, had 1 child, have 2 boys on the way, and purchased 3 cars...it would have been two...but we had to get a mini-van! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment