Monday, January 30, 2012

Swaddle No More

epYou may remember my swaddle post a few weeks back.  Josh and I have been trying to figure out the best way to transition Harper from swaddle to no swaddle.  We read a bunch of ideas/tips and decided to try the slow wean method.  Like how the name I made up?
Week 1: both arms in the sleep sack with a loose swaddle around her
Week 2: one arm out and one swaddled
Week 3: both arms out
We are officially 3 nights into week 3 and so far so good.  I read somewhere that around 4 months, babies that slept through the night early on might start waking up.
Well, folks, that is happening here.  Part of it is the transition, I am sure!
Last night, she slept all night with both arms out.
Here are a few pictures I took of the monitor to capture the progress.
The One Arm Out Method

Both Arms Out
Sucking on her fingers

Sleeping Angel
Side Turned Sleeping Angel

Up Next: Getting her to sleep on her own!
Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment