Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thirty

Thirty years ago today, my memaw got a phone call from my uncle Tim letting her know she had a new granddaughter.  About 6 hours later, she got the same phone call from my dad, letting her know she had a new granddaughter.  Memaws response:  "I know, Tim already called a few hours ago".  Everyone was probably a little confused.  You see, my aunt LaDonna had given birth to Annie Elizabeth on the morning of December 6th, 1981.  About 6 hours later, my mom gave birth to me!

So not only am I turning 30 today, so is my fabulous cousin Annie!
Annie and I grew up in different states and have taken many different paths in life.
She became a mother years before me and has 3 beautiful children.
I, as you know, had my first baby this past September.
(Me with Harper)
But one crazy-very similar-life path Annie and I have taken during the year of our 30th birthday.
We both gave birth to daughters named Harper.
I don't think we have ever celebrated a birth quite on the same path in life (as adults) like our 30th!
Annie and Harper
(Her Harper was born about a month before my Harper) 
Annie and her family.
I cannot wait to have a belated 30the celebration with Annie at the end of the month.
We are so excited for Harper 1 and Harper 2 to meet!
HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY ANNIE!!!
and
HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY TO ME!
(More on my birthday week later)

1 comment:

  1. I love you Al!!
    Happy birthday!!!
    God really has blessed the both of us and I'm so excited to reconnect with all we have going on with our Harpers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete