Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Bye Bye Pacifier

Yesterday, I was late to work b/c of the boys pacifier addiction.  I had been thinking for a while now (like a year and a half) that it was time to give them up.  B/c I ended up being late to a meeting, I decided it was time.  Josh was traveling - which was a good thing.  I know he would have given in if they weren't sleeping well.  So I pumped myself up all day.

I cut the pacifiers and then placed them back in their cribs.  I knew I had to cut them or I would be digging them out of the trash.  
It was time for bed (I was nervous and ready).  I put the boys in their cribs and immediately they put them in their mouths to find they weren't working.  UH OH!

I told them they were broken and we had to throw them away.  Gatlin marched right to the trash.  Houston on the other hand was a little reluctant. He had to suck every last pacifier he had before saying "bye bye paci".  After that, we went back to bed and Gatlin laid right back down and went to sleep.  Houston cried for about 4 minutes and that was it.  ALL DONE!  that easy.  They mentioned them the next night once.  I reminded them where they were and then they went to sleep.  THANK GOODNESS for easy boys!  YAY.  BYE BYE PACI!





No comments:

Post a Comment