Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Afternoon Craft!

My new favorite project is painting "stencils" on shirts!
This idea started when Harper had Dinosaur day at school and we didn't have any dinosaur t-shirts. 
We went to the store and most of the shirts were long sleeves for fall...or super tacky.
I remembered a friend did "freezer paper" stencils on her kids shirts...so I went to pinterest and figured out how. 
I got freezer paper, an exacto knife, fabric paint, paint brushes, and a t-shirt.
On the freezer paper, I drew a picture of a dinosaur.
(draw on the paper side)
I gut it out and ironed the freezer paper to the shirt. 
I ironed all the little pieces back on the shirt so we would have a stencil look.
Harper painted...which was the fun part!

We peeled off the paper and here is our Dino!
I added a bow and toenail polish for an extra girly touch.
We loved this project so much, that we made some Tennessee Football Shirts!
The boys are ready for Football! 

No comments:

Post a Comment