Monday, September 15, 2014

Turning 3 Under the Sea

This past weekend, we celebrated Harper's 3rd birthday. 
We went with a water theme in honor of Harper's favorite Disney princess.
Turning 3 Under the Sea!
I started setting up the night before...all set for an outdoor water game/party.
Well, Saturday decided to be 64 degrees...in between two days in the 80s. 
So, we scurried and moved the party inside.
If you know me, you know I love a theme and costumes!  I had covered an existing bathing suit with purple fabric and green bottoms (to match Ariel of course).  I appliqued 2 purple seashells on the top.
I was so excited about her outfit.
The day before, I saw the forecast and got nervous.  On my lunch break, I ran to walmart in hopes of finding a simple purple shirt.  THANKFULLY, my friend Marilyn found one that would work. I had an Ariel tutu that came with her party decor...so we made it work for the outfit. 

We set up the food in the dining room and make a kids craft area in the living room. 

The cake, cupcakes, and cookies were done by my favorite bakery, HomeStyle Bakery on Murfreesboro Road.  They do the most amazing job...and make any occasion even more special!

Here is the little birthday girls with  her purple shirt, tutu, and red bow to match Ariel's red hair. 

As guests arrived, we played outside in the bounce house and the roller coaster.
Once we moved the party inside, we worked on our mermaid craft,
We made mermaid ornaments.


Here are all the cute little Mermaids and their mermaid crafts.

After craft time, we had lunch.
The Menu:
Chicken of the Sea Chicken Nuggets (fish shaped chicken nuggets)
Crabby Croissants (Chicken salad)
Ariel Kabobs (Green, purple, and red fruit)
Gold Fish and Sweedish Fish
Blue "Ocean" juice 
While the girls were finishing up lunch, we had a little surprise for Harper.
ARIEL CAME TO THE PARTY!
Harper was so happy!
(now you know why I cared so much about the outfit)


The sang songs, read a book, and took pictures with Ariel.
But not picture with Ariel is complete without her sidekicks Sebastian and Flounder.


(please ignore my "hauled it to get this party inside" appearance)

Harper hugged Ariel no less than 10 times. She was so happy she was there to celebrate with her.
it is safe to say this little birthday girl had a great party!
I will add video soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment