Friday, January 3, 2014

Update on Us, 24 Weeks

This week, I am officially 24 weeks. That means, over halfway there! The holidays really made this last month or so fly by!  I can't believe these little guys will be here before we know it.

I was looking back over my pregnancy with Harper and I wanted to compare (here I go, comparing my kids already) the information from then and now.  Harper is in pink and the boys answers are in blue.

Baby's size?
Just over a foot long and about 1 lb. 4 oz.
Baby A measured 1 lb 6 oz. and Baby B measure 1 lb. 7 oz (on 12/30).

Weight Gain?
No Clue-go to the Doctor later this week
17 lbs. I don't normally ask or look at the scale, but this time I was curious. I asked my doctor and she said she was very happy with my weight. *Sigh of Relief*

Maternity clothes?
Mostly maternity (thank you friends who have donated to the wardrobe), a few of my own empire waist tops and dresses.
Uh, Yes. Have been for a while now. 

Sleep?
So so. I am starting to get uncomfortable...but once I re-position, I am back to sleep!
Depends on the night. I take unisom/b6 for morning sickness, so the unisom helps. I can fall asleep pretty fast these days.  I have a body pillow that I just busted back out last night.  I sleep pretty well...unless Harper wakes up.  Lately, she has been having night terrors.  That keeps me up for 1-2 hours in the middle of night. Just depends. 

Foods I am loving?
I am back to eating most everything. I even cooked the other day! Chocolate is a favorite...but I have loved it for 29 years!
Umm...I seem to be able to eat more of a variety of foods than I remember eating with Harper.  A staple is Mexican!  Grapefruit often sounds good.  So does chocolate (see previous comment). 

Foods I am hating?
Asian food
I am doing ok with Asian food...but it makes me feel sick a few hours later or the next day. Probably all the soy sauce! :)  I am still not doing well with "at home steaks".  I have been that way since I was pregnant with Harper.  Everyday is different. 

Best moment this month?
Finally revealing the gender to my friends at my baby shower and settling on a name.  We are naming our little girl Harper Elizabeth.
Well, since its January 3rd...it's been a short month. I would say in the last 30 days, we have done a lot. We have celebrated mine/Josh's birthdays, Christmas, and spent time with family.  We also found out (12/2) that we are expecting two boys.  It's been a big couple of weeks.  Lots of great moments! 

Symptoms?
Sore spot on my back...around my shoulder blade.  I am constantly walking around my office trying to stretch it out.  Also, I cannot make it through a church service without crying.  It is usually the worship music and baptisms.  I am a basket case!
Just this week that same spot on my back is bothering me. Ugh! It's no fun. I am also out of breath much faster than I was with Harper.  I feel like I am already running out of room with these boys.  I had some hip issues when Harper was an infant, and just this week, it started bothering me again. Man, I'm old! :)

Gender?
A GIRL!
Two boys. 

What I'm looking forward to?
Having the nursery painted tomorrow!  We have one piece of furniture that we can move in once it is painted and the rest has been ordered.  I am excited to start getting the room all set up!
Wow, first of all, I can't believe I am a little ahead of my former pregnant self! haha. I am looking forward to figuring out Crib #2 (not sure which one to get), putting the final touches on the nursery, taking a trip to Charleston at the end of the month to celebrate Sloan's 1st birthday, and getting past the few weeks in between where Josh is traveling a lot. 

Milestones: 24 Weeks and Counting!



{24 weeks pregnant with Harper on the left.  24 weeks and 2 days pregnant with the boys on the left}

No comments:

Post a Comment