Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Promise, I Am Not Lying!

Today is the day. The day we found out we are expecting our first child.  A baby. Yes, a baby. 
Wednesday, January 5th. The Day Our Lives Changed Forever!
We were sitting on the couch, watching Time Traveler's Wife.  This movie is a tearjerker.  But who am I kidding...I cry in almost every movie!  Josh knows that I cry at stuff, but he also knew it could be hormones.  We had been trying to conceive a child for the last few months and he was pretty up-to-date with my body, cycle, etc.  He said, hey, maybe you should go take a test.  I thought, I guess. Ok, fine.
We headed back to the bedroom to get ready for bed and for me to take a test. 
I was standing in the bathroom as he was turning down the bed and I looked down and immediately started crying again.  He looked at me from across the room and I said: "It says yes. I promise, I am not lying. It says yes". I don't know if the convincing was more for him or for me. 
Tears for both of us. Overwhelming excitement and then, almost immediately, prayer.
So, here we are. Pregnant. Really Pregnant. A True Miracle.
{Shortly after we read the test}

5 comments:

  1. I just started crying while reading this post...SO sweet!!! I can't wait for sweet baby Elvis to be here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This totally made me cry. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO excited for you guys!!! I'm praying for your sweet baby too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so excited for you I could BUST!!!!! This is gonna be one fun bebe!!!
    xo
    bendall koggs

    ReplyDelete